The Providence Center
The Providence Center - Rhode Island's Leading Mental Health And Addiction Treatment Provider
The Providence Center is at the forefront of innovative approaches to behavioral health care designed to meet the changing needs of the more than 18,000 Rhode Islanders it serves each year. Since The Providence Center opened its doors in 1969, it has been a community resource, providing people from all walks of life with mental health and substance use services in their homes, schools and neighborhoods. Through over 60 programs and wraparound services, including food and housing, job training, legal services, primary health care and wellness activities, The Providence Center is committed to meeting the community’s needs. In December 2014, The Providence Center became an affiliate of the Care New England Health System.
To help adults, adolescents and children affected by psychiatric illnesses, emotional problems and addictions by providing treatment and supportive services within a community setting.
A behavioral health care system in which every individual who needs care will receive the broadest possible array of services, so that his or her unique needs are met.
- A broad continuum of quality care that is patient centered, recovery oriented and innovative
- Recruitment and retention of caring, highly skilled staff
- Meeting essential community behavioral health needs
- Fiscal prudence and financial stability
- Compliance with all ethical and regulatory standards
- Sharing our behavioral health expertise through community collaborations and partnerships