U of Minnesota/St. Cloud Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
The University of Minnesota/St. Cloud Hospital Family Medicine Residency program offers a three-year residency in Family Medicine. The program has been in existence since 1996 and focuses on developing caring, competent physicians for primary care practice in communities of the Midwest.
Our 5/5/5 dually accredited program is St. Cloud Hospital's only residency program. The program's academic sponsor is the University of Minnesota. It is fully accredited by the ACGME.
In 2009 we received accreditation from the American Osteopathic Association. We are excited about the opportunity to provide comprehensive osteopathic education as part of our program.
St. Cloud Hospital
- Part of CentraCare Health System
- Licensed for 489 beds
- Level II trauma center & regional referral center
- “Top 100” Hospital & “Top 100” Heart Hospital eight times
- Magnet designation since 2004
- 400+ physicians, 4,500+ employees
- Recent $225 million addition featuring, new surgical suites, new ICU/CCU, & private patient rooms
- CentraCare Health System was voted best place to work in Minnesota for five consecutive years by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Located on the banks of the Mississippi River one hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul, St. Cloud is a family-oriented community with an area population of 125,000. The medical community of St. Cloud offers medical care to a 12 county service area of 690,000 in Central Minnesota. Healthcare is the number one industry. The area offers numerous four-season recreational activities, sporting and cultural events. St. Cloud serves as a commercial hub for over 250,000 people. A variety of public and private schools provide high quality options for elementary and secondary education, as well as four local colleges for a wide range of higher education opportunities.
It is a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. You can take advantage of the events in Minneapolis/St. Paul, but live in low stress and relaxing community.