UM Harford Memorial Hospital
Boasting a tradition of caring for the community for over 95 years old, University of Maryland Harford Memorial Hospital (UM HMH) in historic Havre de Grace, MD is a treasure that blends old and new exquisitely. Havre de Grace is a small city on the banks of the Susquehanna River, with beautiful views of the waterfront, tree lined streets, Victorian homes and a lovely sense of community. With a rich history of its own, Harford Memorial is a perfect fit in this community.
HMH opened its doors in 1910 in a 21-room Victorian home. At that time, the population of Harford County was approximately 29,000. Today the population stands at nearly 250,000.
Inside the brick facade, UM HMH is a newly renovated facility that is both progressive and comforting. An acute care, non-profit hospital, UM HMH offers a full complement of medical, diagnostic, and emergency care services. The hospital has a state-of-the-art ICU/PCU and a busy Emergency Department that cares for over 50,000 patients a year. UM HMH offers specialized, hospital-based services, including a Bariatric Surgery Program, Anticoagulation Management, Center for Wound Care, outpatient Behavioral Health service, Joint Center for hip and knee replacement, and a Sleep Disorder Center.
H has received the following national and state recognition for its services and programs:
Accreditations and Awards,
Recognitions, & Certifications
In health care, excellence is measured by achieving quality outcomes and receiving accreditation for quality programs.
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health (UM UCH) is extremely proud of its performance and the recognition that documents it. Not for what it means to us…but for what it means to the patients we serve.
Our effectiveness in treating people is illustrated by the fact that the following national and state quality institutions have recognized the efforts of our physicians, nurses, and other team members to provide our communities with excellent clinical care.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation (AASM)
- American College of Surgeons
- Beacon Award for Excellence (2013)
- Cancer Program Accreditation
- Delmarva Foundation Excellence Award for Quality Improvement (2013)
- Joint Commission Accreditation
- Joint Commission (2013) Top Performers on Key Quality Measures
- Maryland Patient Safety Innovation Center Award
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) (2011)
- Respiratory Care Recognition (2011)
- UM UCH Primary Stroke Centers Wins Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- UM UCMC Receives Breastfeeding-Friendly Workplace Award, Gold level
- Weight Loss Surgery Level One Accreditation (2010)