UNC Rockingham Health Care
General Hospital Information
We are a nonprofit, 108-bed community hospital preserving excellent, compassionate and trusted care where it is needed most: close to home. As a cornerstone in Eden, N.C., and a major employer, we serve people throughout Rockingham County and in neighboring Southern Virginia areas. In addition to inpatient, outpatient, surgical and emergency care, we offer diagnostic and treatment services, provide screenings and tests and lead wellness initiatives. Our strong community ties motivate us to raise our standards every day, assuring that we provide trusted care, close to home.
- A state of the art Birthing Center where mothers labor in well-appointed, home-like comfort
- An on-campus, 121-bed, long-term care facility offering skilled nursing and rehabilitation
- A Wound Care Center with the area’s only hyperbaric chambers offering state-of-the-art care for difficult-to-heal wounds
- An Occupational Health Center that supports local industries and businesses with wellness and injury and workers’ compensation management
- An on-site Cancer Center making it possible for patients to receive treatment in the comfort of their community
- An Urgent Care Center, Morehead West, in Mayodan, N.C.
- More than 15 service areas and clinics round out our delivery of community based health and wellness. (See the Service tab on this site for more details.)
- Active Medical Staff of 28, consulting staff of 14, courtesy staff of 41, contingent staff of 121, dental staff of 1, honorary staff of 3 and an Allied Health Professional staff of 45
- Modern Equipment and Procedures: Electronic Medical Records System, CT, MRI, Lithotripsy, Vascular Laboratory, Laser Surgery, Angiography, Digital Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Procedures
- 108 beds including 81 Med-Surg, 9 Intensive Care, 12 Birthing Center (LDRP)