UP Health System – Marquette
Learn More About UP Health System – Marquette:
A Federally Designated Regional Referral Center, UP Health System (UPHS) – Marquette is Upper Michigan's only Level II Trauma Center, as verified by the American College of Surgeons' Committee on Trauma. The hospital has received awards and recognition from The Joint Commission and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. In oncology, UPHS has been granted designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
Awarded an 'A' Safety Grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades - among the best in the country for preventing harms and putting our patients first! Spring 2018
Construction is moving fast on our BRAND NEW, state-of-the-art, 500k sq foot, 265 private bed hospital OPENING SPRING of 2019. In addition to serving as the main campus within a three-hospital system, UPHS – Marquette works with hospital-owned clinics in eight other communities throughout Michigan's Upper Peninsula (UP). We provide the UP with an extensive range of specialists. Furthermore, our 200 physicians appreciate a collegial, teaching hospital environment set amidst Marquette's vibrant and beautiful community.
UPHS – Marquette has numerous affiliations with universities and community colleges throughout the Midwest. The hospital trains:
- Medical Students
- Family Medicine Residents
- Pharm.D. Pharmacists
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Surgical Technicians
Through our collaboration with Northern Michigan University, UPHS – Marquette also is part of the Upper Michigan Brain Tumor Center, which is conducting primary research on the formation of brain tumors. UPHS seeks to help the center in its mission to empower patients and families through advocacy, education, treatment, and research.
Our providers are board-certified or board-eligible. The hospital's major services include:
- Marquette General Heart & Vascular Institute
- Cancer Care Center (a Duke-affiliated Cancer Program)
- Brain and Spine Center
- Rehabilitation Center
- Behavioral Health Service
- Women's & Children's Center.
We also provide the region's premier services in imaging, surgery, and laboratory. Lastly, we are home to the U.P. Telehealth Network, a leading telehealth network in the nation.
Discover Marquette, Michigan:
UP Health System – Marquette is set on the magnificent shoreline of Lake Superior. Marquette residents enjoy a wide range of outdoor summer and winter activities, from kayaking and fishing to skiing and snowshoeing.
Marquette is the UP's largest community, a regional center for education, health care, outdoor recreation, arts, and culture. Marquette is home to Northern Michigan University – infusing this friendly community with energy and the opportunity for sporting, musical, and theatre events.
Marquette has received extensive national recognition as an excellent place to live and an ideal city in which to raise a family. Furthermore, Marquette is a cutting-edge micropolitan city. Recent accolades include:
- eCities 2015 Five-Star Top Performing Entrepreneurial Community - University of Michigan Dearborn College of Business Practice
- 2014 Michigan Excellence in Technology Award for the “Best IT community engagement” - State of Michigan
- Top 10 BEst Small Cities to Raise a Family - Forbes Magazine
- Top Micropolitan Area - Site Selection Magazine
- #1 Best Place to Bike/Live and Site for "2017 Bible of Bike Tests" - Bike Magazine
- #8/1,300 BEst Small Cities in America - nerdwallet.com
- Silver Medal Awarded to Marquette Senior Highschool - US News