UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg
UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg, located in downtown Harrisburg, is a full-service acute care hospital with 409 beds. The hospital serves as the hub for the UPMC Pinnacle network, providing the most advanced care to the residents throughout southcentral Pennsylvania.
UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg features:
- A state-of-the-art Labor and Delivery area with a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- World-class cardiology care through UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
- The region’s premier kidney transplant center.
- Advanced pediatric care with UPMC Children’s Harrisburg in partnership with nationally recognized UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
- Leading-edge care in neurosciences, women’s care, comprehensive stroke care, and more.
The capital of our Commonwealth, Harrisburg is situated along the banks of the Susquehanna River. The ornate dome of the Capitol dominates the skyline; when the structure was dedicated in 1906, President Theodore Roosevelt said, "It's the handsomest building I ever saw." Visitors can tour this historic structure and marvel at its sheer size: the structure covers five and a half acres. The Rotunda, a copy of the dome of St. Peter's Basilica, rises 272 feet. Visitors can also take in performances at the Harrisburg Shakespeare Festival, attend a Harrisburg Senators baseball game, or check out the Susquehanna Museum of Art. Every year, the Pennsylvania Farm Show delights 400,000 locals and tourists with exhibits, competitions, and plenty of food. It is the largest indoor agricultural event in the country.