University Medical Center of Princeton @ Plainsboro
The Institute for Surgical Care at the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro (UMCPP) provides a comprehensive range of advanced surgical procedures in a sophisticated facility that unites medical excellence with compassionate care.
- 8 State-of-the-Art Operating Suites. 100% fresh air is cycled through each operating room 25 times an hour through HEPA filters, providing the cleanest possible environment for surgery.
- A Hybrid Operating Room, which combines high-resolution, 3-D imaging capabilities with fully equipped operating room technology in a single space. The integration allows surgeons to move a patient's surgery from minimally invasive to fully open without interruption - making procedures safer and quicker.
- Operating Room Video Conferencing Capabilities, which allow the surgical team to communicate in real time with specialists, such as pathologists in the laboratory who are analyzing tissue samples just excised.
- Optimized Operating Rooms. The Center's operating rooms are designed to allow instrumentation to hang at eye-level rather than be placed on the floor. This placement improves the surgical team's functionality, visibility, and mobility
- 28-Bed Pre- and Post-Operative Suites. Our spacious single-patient rooms are equipped with the most sophisticated technologies.
- 14-bed Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) with a designated nurses' station.
- 2 Procedure Rooms for Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) treatments for patients with kidney stone disease and for cystoscopies to diagnose urological conditions.