Welcome to the University of Minnesota Health Nurse Practitioners - A UMPhysicians Clinic.
We are a unique nurse practitioner-led facility offering compassionate, innovative, comprehensive care for adults, children and families who are seeking a primary-care clinic home. A partnership between University of Minnesota Physicians and University of Minnesota School of Nursing, our clinic is one of the only nurse practitioner-led clinics in the region. It offers primary care as well as access to all the clinical specialties and expertise available through University of Minnesota Health.
The Nurse Practitioners Clinic focuses on providing patient-centered care, an approach that emphasizes building strong partnerships with patients through listening and offering education on managing health conditions. The clinic’s certified family nurse practitioners can assess and treat conditions and prescribe medications. Ideally suited for managing women's health concerns or monitoring chronic conditions like diabetes, the Nurse Practitioners Clinic offers a convenient way to stay on top of your health issues in an accessible downtown location. They collaborate with and refer to University of Minnesota Health specialists, the providers at the forefront of groundbreaking research and innovative treatments.
Located between the new Vikings stadium and the Guthrie Theater and one block from the Downtown East light rail station, the clinic is accessible and convenient to downtown. Scheduled appointments are encouraged, but some same-day appointments will be available. The clinic accepts most major insurance plans.
Clinic services include:
- Health maintenance exams for women, men and children
- Pediatric and adolescent well-child exams
- Physical exams required for camp, college and sports teams
Acute and Short-Term illness Care
- Fever, flu-like illnesses, body aches
- Head, ears, nose disorders (headache, sore throat, upper respiratory infections, eye conditions, earache, sinus symptoms, ear wax removal)
- Chest conditions (cough, bronchitis)
- Nausea, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea
- Women’s health issues; vaginal infections
- Sexually transmitted illnesses
- Musculoskeletal disorders (back pain, bone and joint injuries)
- Skin conditions (infections, warts, rashes, mouth sores, acne)
Minor Injury Exam and Care
- Suture and staple removal
- Sprains and strains
- Corneal abrasions
- Wounds and abrasions
Chronic Illness Care
- Diabetes (chronic and new onset)
- Hypertension/high blood pressure
- Stable heart disease
- Stomach/GERD issues
- Nerve pain (neuropathies)
- Other chronic illnesses in coordination with pharmacy and other specialty care