VEP Healthcare, Madera Community Hospital
Emergency Medicine Physician
Madera Community Hospital
Madera Community Hospital provides emergency services 24 hour per day, 7 days per week. The 20 bed Level III Emergency Department receives over 40,000 patient visits annually at Madera Community Hospital. The Emergency Department handles everything from the diagnosis of illness to major trauma to those minor cuts and scrapes.
- 12 hour shifts
- Specialty physicians on call to the E.D. (Cardiology, Surgery, Medicine, Orthopedics, Gynecology, and Gastroenterology are some examples)
- X-ray, Lab, and C.T. Scan testing available 24 hours/day
- 24-hour APC support
- California Medical license
- DEA License with California registration
- Emergency Medicine residency trained
- Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine, or the American Association of Physician Specialists-Board Certification in Emergency Medicine, AND Documented 1,400 hours or 1,000 successful pt visits in last 2 years in an AOA-HFAP or comparable accredited facility.
- Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine or General Surgery AND 1,400 hours as an Emergency Room Physician or 1,000 successful Emergency Room patient visits in last 2 years in an AOA-HFAP or comparable accredited facility
- Current ACLS, PALS and ATLS certificates
About the Community:
Madera California is a picturesque community with stunning landscapes, affordable housing options, and is a city offering great amenities and activities such as wine tasting, dining, museums, shopping, world-class fishing, hiking, and camping. Madera is within close proximity to Monterey, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia National Forest, San Francisco, and Los Angeles
- Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites.
- VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and
- paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
- Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company.
- Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.