Veterans Out Pt Clinic Adams Co. Mississippi!
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Primary Care Physician to provide services at the Community Outpatient Clinic in Natchez, MS.
STG International is in an active bidding process for this position which is contingent upon STG International, Inc. being awarded the contract.
The clinic operates Monday – Friday during normal business hours. No Weekends, No Call.
The general duty of the Primary Care Physician is to provide covered professional outpatient primary medical services to enrolled patients of the Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Veteran Affairs Primary Care Program, and to supervise the Community Based Outpatient Clinic's (CBOC’s) day-to-day delivery of medical care.
These duties include:
- Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and within his/her skills and training.
- Function as the point of entry into the VA health care system.
- Manage medical care; basic mental screenings; medication adjustments; mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues; and continuity of care with the VAMC for patients enrolled in the VA Primary Care Program.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing relationship with the veteran enrollee.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with the veteran and assists the veteran in making referrals for services and/or admissions to the VAMC as medically appropriate.
- Determine which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA access standards and triage protocol.
- Oversee all delivery of care to patients by the CBOC.
- Administer medications per facility protocols.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) medical records to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
- Keeps the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
- Determine level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
- Assist in the management/coordination of the clinic's day-to-day activity, in conjunction with the Registered Nurse (RN)/CBOC Manager and VA Program's philosophy.
- Comply with all Federal, state, local, Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Ensure all patient information on encounter forms is complete and accurate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting patients` privacy, rights, and safety.
- Act as a liaison for the VAMC
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned