Vidant Beaufort Hospital
Vidant Beaufort Hospital in Washington is a 142-bed full-service hospital with an active medical staff of more than 50 physicians representing 20+ specialties, as well as more than 600 nurses, technicians and support staff. The hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, surgical, intensive care, emergency, pediatrics and women’s services. In addition there is a lab, diagnostic imaging services, physical and respiratory therapy. Vidant Beaufort also features the Marion L. Shepard Cancer Center, offering leading-edge chemotherapy and radiation therapy, among other cancer services.
Washington is a small town that honors its historic traditions while embracing the future. It features one of the state’s largest commercial and residential historic districts, featuring stunning antebellum homes and buildings. It’s located on the Tar and Pamlico rivers, serving as a gateway to the second largest estuary on the East Coast. Health care is an important industry in Washington and the surrounding area in addition to PCS Phosphate, Hackney Industries, Weyerhaeuser and Fountain Powerboats.
- Beautiful waterfront community
- Located in the heart of the Inner Banks on the beautiful Pamlico Sound
- Only 20 miles east of Greenville, NC and 70 miles from the spectacular Crystal Coast beaches
- Flourishing waterfront downtown district offers unique, world-class restaurants, intriguing shops, art galleries and more
- Desirable climate with mild winters and all 4 seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Provides diverse and affordable housing, including waterfront homes and land
- A number of school options including public, charter, parochial and private
- Parks & Recreation Department offers a youth sports complex with baseball, softball and soccer fields; an aquatic and fitness center; waterfront parks and boat launching facilities