Vidant Healthplex in Wilson
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
Wilson, NC is a vibrant, family-oriented community that is committed to educational excellence, economic prosperity, cultural diversity and offers a wide variety of activities and attractions. The community of 50,000 is one of the largest in eastern North Carolina and offers a Whirligig Park, abundant arts, sports and youth activities, museums, community festivals, outdoor concerts, golf courses, boating, hiking, fishing and antique shops. Wilson has taken great care to preserve their history while embracing their future.
- Conveniently located 45 miles east of Raleigh and the Raleigh-Durham International Airport, 40 miles west of Greenville, and less than 2 hours from the beautiful North Carolina coast
- Amtrak train service including two passenger trains traveling east-west and north-south
- Low cost of living, diverse housing options, and excellent choice of public and private schools
- Excellent school options both public and private
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores