Princeton Community Hospital (PCH) is a fully accredited, 203-bed acute care multispecialty medical facility serving a 10-county region in southern West Virginia and southwestern Virginia. It offers advanced medical technologies and procedures, from state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging to minimally invasive surgery. In addition, PCH provides behavioral health services at The Behavioral Healthcare Pavilion of the Virginias, a 64-bed psychiatric hospital in Bluefield, West Virginia. We start managing the hospital and its affiliated clinics in January 2021.
Starting on August 1, 2020, Princeton Community Hospital will be offering full-service emergency services at 500 Cherry Street in Bluefield, West Virginia. The PCH Bluefield Emergency Department will be open 24/7 and staffed by experienced and highly qualified emergency physicians and nurses ready to provide care to you and your family. The PCH Bluefield Emergency Department offers easy-to-access, quality care when an emergency occurs – no matter how big or small. PCH Bluefield Emergency Department is a part of Princeton Community Hospital in Princeton, West Virginia, and will strive to serve the emergency needs of the Bluefield, West Virginia community with the permanent closure of Bluefield Regional Medical Center. The PCH Bluefield Emergency Department will administer treatment to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
PCH is proudly located in the heart of Mercer County, West Virginia, an area rich in culture, history, and natural beauty. The City of Princeton provides a progressive business environment while preserving traditional hometown values.
Blessed with beautiful surroundings in the southern part of the state, Princeton offers a special quality of life for families and an ideal location for business and industry.
The City of Princeton offers progressive development in a fine community where families can live safely and serenely. We are preparing this city to be an asset for future generations, to provide a secure home for developing families, a comfortable haven for the elderly, and a location worthy of settlement by industry and new citizens alike.
The City of Princeton offers municipal services second to none which are performed with precision and efficiency. Princeton also serves at the “Gateway to Four Seasons Country” with honor and pride, realizing our importance as a strategic location for the entire area.
Here are just some of the features Princeton offers:
- Mercer County – Rated among top 100 communities for youth
- Excellent school system offering a broad curriculum
- Our police, fire, and emergency first responder services continue to provide high quality effectiveness while we enjoy some of the fastest response times in West Virginia.
- Response time for Police Department, Fire Department, and Emergency First Responder – 3 to 5 minutes.
- Princeton Community Hospital – State-of-the-art health care facility
- Excellent physicians and health care services
- Princeton Health and Fitness Center – modern, full-service facility for healthy lifestyles
- Quality housing in healthy neighborhoods with easy access to community services and amenities
- Wide selection of churches, multiple denominations
- Recreation Department – City Park, 4 additional community parks, pool, recreation center and numerous recreational programs and activities
- Princeton Rays Professional Baseball Team
- Celebrate Princeton Summer Festival
- Autumn Fest Fall Festival
- #2 Library in the State of West Virginia
- Museums, historical displays
- Performing arts center now open
- New Railroad Museum housing a unique display of memorabilia and artifacts
- Gateway to Four Seasons Country
- Large number of restaurants and shopping centers
- Ambiance and security of hometown shopping
- Healthy Business District
- Multiple access roadways to US 460
- Close proximity to Interstate 77
- Princeton proper – approximately 35,000 people