Waynesville, MO VA Outpatient Clinic
The Fort Leonard Wood Clinic is a subordinate clinic under the Harry S. Truman VA Medical Center and provides outpatient primary care services to veteran patients in the Pulaski County area. The clinic will be relocating from Fort Leonard Wood to a brand new clinic in Waynesville MO in the fall of 2011.
COMMUNITY INFORMATION: Waynesville, population 4,287, is the county seat of Pulaski County and is located in the heart of the Ozarks with scenic river ways, caves, breathtaking scenic overlooks and bluffs, and beautiful rolling hills. The countryside is predominately wooded and is located on the edge of the Ozark Mountain range. The major east-west route is I-44, parts of which are formerly historic U.S. Route 66 offering such attractions as The Old Stagecoach Stop in downtown Waynesville. St. Robert, population 3,642, is less than 2 miles from Waynesville, and is known as the Gateway to Fort Leonard Wood. It is a National Test Market due to personnel from all around the United States being deployed to Fort Leonard Wood.
Pulaski County’s major industry is tourism. The county offers awesome fishing opportunities, scenic overlooks, walking trails, hunting, float trips in canoes, rafts, kayaks, or inner tubes, golf, geo-caching and more.
WEBSITES OF INTEREST:
- Lake of the Ozarks: http://www.funlake.com/
- Waynesville/St. Robert Chamber of Commerce: http://www.waynesville-strobertchamber.com/
- Fort Leonard Wood Information: http://www.wood.army.mil/CommunityInfo.htm
- Rolla Area Chamber of Commerce: http://www.rollachamber.org/
- Pulaski County Bureau of Toursim: http://www.visitpulaskicounty.org/Industry/programs.html
- Pulaski County Web: http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com/
- Visit Pulaski County: http://www.visitpulaskicounty.org/