The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is the only hospital in Houston devoted exclusively to women’s healthcare. Located near the world-renowned Texas Medical Center, the hospital is licensed for 419 beds and with over 11,000 deliveries last year alone, it’s easy to see why this hospital is known for babies!
For more than 40 years, the hospital has been caring for women at every stage of life, performing 8,000+ surgical procedures unrelated to births annually. The hospital’s physicians, employees and volunteers are committed to providing compassionate and exceptional care to women and their infants.
- Level III Nursery
- Level IV NICU
- Expanded Maternal Assessment Center
- OB Hospitalists 24/7
- Laborists 24/7
- On-site Anesthesiologists 24/7
- Postpartum Intermediate Care Unit
- Maternal Navigation
- MFM outreach clinics
- Pediatric Center with ICU and in-house Hospitalists
- The new Breast Care Center has more than 6,000 square feet of breast screening and diagnostic 3-D mammography computer-aided detection, breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy, ultrasound-guided biopsy, breast MRI, and bone density scanning – all in an environment uniquely designed to promote patient relaxation and peace of mind.
The nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is a vibrant metropolis that leads the nation in creating new jobs. The world capital of the energy industry and home to the world-famous Texas Medical Center. When it comes to entertainment and recreation, Houston has a lot to offer, including professional sports teams, theater district and museum district, hundreds of clubs and live music venues. With its gigantic Galleria and more, Houston is a shopper’s paradise. Houston’s sunny climate makes it easy to enjoy the city’s municipal parks, jogging paths, and bike trails. Piney woods, area lakes, Galveston Bay, and sunny Gulf Coast beaches are less than an hour away, and offer an abundance of activities. Families will appreciate the excellence of the area’s public and private schools and availability of institutions of higher learning. https://www.houstontx.gov/