Creating an exceptional experience is at the center of what we do.
Woman's Hospital was one of the first women's specialty hospitals in the nation, and is currently one of the largest in the United States. Opened in November 1968, Woman's is a private, nonprofit organization that is consistently recognized for its innovative programs for women and infants.
- Woman's performs more than 7,300 surgeries, 43,900 mammograms, and 75,700 pap screens.
- Woman's is the 17th largest delivery service in the United States; the largest in Louisiana with more than 8,500 births annually.
- Woman's was the first area hospital to achieve Nursing Magnet status.
- Woman's received the 2016 Guardian of Excellence Award from Press Ganey Associates, Inc. for outstanding patient experience and the Top Performer on Key Quality Measures recognition from the Joint Commission.
- For the past ten years, Woman's has been named one of Modern Healthcare Magazine's Top Places to Work in Healthcare.