For free help with your job search, call (800) 776-8383
Position Summary :
Provides quality, comprehensive inpatient and outpatient primary health care services to the Medical Center’s patients. Reports directly to the Medical Director regarding clinical issues and activities related to the delivery of medical care. Primary Care Physicians are expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Center and work collaboratively to achieve them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Center policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations. Primary Care Physicians provide the full scope of primary care services, which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance of their patients.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
2. Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
3. Prescribe medication in accordance with state statute and professional practice guidelines.
4. Maintains a problem oriented health record for each patient seen in accordance with the
Center’s established Health Information Management policies and procedures.
5. Assures continuity of care by providing comprehensive medical services on a timely basis as per
Clinic schedule within the Center’s scope of practice and the provider’s training.
6. Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, video conference, chat, or
face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs.
7. Perform minor surgical procedures.
8. Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at Medical Center
9. Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner.
10. Follows established departmental and medical center policies, procedures, and objectives;
continuous quality improvements objectives and safety, environmental, and/or infection
11. Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed
i.e. diabetes collaborative/health fairs etc.; attends and participates in medical center meetings
/ departmental meetings and other medical center functions as required by the Center.
12. Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested.
13. Assist in outside medical public relations functions.
14. Trains, mentors and supervises students and clinical support staff, as appropriate Supervises
mid-level practitioners (physician assistants and nurse practitioners).
15. Perform other duties as assigned by medical director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to work standing up, walk, use hands to operate tools and equipment and must be able to exert regularly up to 10 pounds of force, frequently exert 30 pounds of force and occasionally exert 50 pounds of force to constantly perform the essential job functions. The employee will be frequently required to reach with hands and arms, bend, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, and pull. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is subject to environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The worker is subject to noise; there may be sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
Required Education and Experience :
1. Current unrestricted State Medical License.
2. Current State D.E.A. Certificate.
3. Degree from an accredited school of medicine.
4. Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine/Family Practice.
5. Annual continuing medical education as required by Board specialty.
6. Current BLS and ACLS certification.
7. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
2. Two years of experience working with multi-cultural patient population delivering patient-centric programs that are high quality and cost effective.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of the company. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.