First Physicians Group, the employed Medical Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine or IM/Peds Physician for our growing market in Lakewood Ranch, Florida. We are seeking a well-trained, compassionate, enthusiastic physician looking to provide exceptional inpatient and outpatient care.
- Busy collegial practice with existing volume to quickly ramp up a new physician.
- Group is made up of three (3) Family Medicine physicians and three (3) IM/Peds physicians who are responsible for seeing patients of all ages (newborn through geriatric) in the clinic and one hospital.
- The position is outpatient only. FPGs Hospitalist group will cover inpatient admissions at both hospitals. No OB.
- Clinic hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00AM to 4:00PM, providing an excellent work/life balance.
- Clinic volume averages 18-23 patients per day.
- Equitable call of 1:7.
- Office is located at an SMH Care complex equipped with a full service laboratory, radiology/imaging, interventional radiology, primary, specialty and rehabilitation services.
- Preference will be given to physicians with an active Florida Medical license.
- Contract includes a 2 year guaranteed base salary. Physician can transition to a generous pay model after 2 years.
- Full array of benefits offered including health, dental, vision, long term disability, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, paid holidays and much more.
- A Commencement bonus and Relocation Allowance is offered.
- Four (4) weeks of PTO year 1 and 5 weeks’ years 2 and beyond.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity, no tail insurance is necessary should you leave our practice.
- We are a not-for-profit organization – 501(c)(3). Physicians can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program if employed by FPG.
- Florida does not have a state income tax
For immediate consideration, please contact Joelle Hennesey, Director, Physician & APP Recruitment.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, offering Southwest Florida’s greatest breadth and depth of care, provides services for more than 1 million patients each year across its 2 hospital campuses, freestanding ER and network of outpatient care centers. The system’s 895-bed Flagship facility, Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota has been consistently recognized as one of the nation’s best acute-care hospitals, with superior patient outcomes and a complete continuum of care – from trauma, emergency and urgent care services to laboratory and diagnostic imaging, home health, skilled nursing and rehabilitation.