Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking General, Pediatric and Cardiac Fellowship trained Anesthesiologists who are open to doing other cases to join a new team at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. The employed physician group of SMHCS, First Physicians Group, recently took over private anesthesia practice and is growing this group to include 30+ physicians and 100 CRNAs. This team is built upon leadership’s long-standing vision to be the BEST provider of care along with the best place to work and practice medicine.
Sarasota Memorial has a history of quality care delivery:
- SMH is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. The only hospital in Florida and one of just 33 across the nation to maintain this top rating since 2016.
- SMH is included in the 2023 list of World’s Best Hospitals for 5th year in a row by Newsweek
- Named among the nation's Top 100 Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals for 2022 by Fortune/Merative.
- Earned its fifth consecutive Magnet Nursing Recognition for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. SMH-Sarasota is one of just 1% of U.S. hospitals to earn the designation FIVE times.
- Earned straight “A” Grades for Patient Safety from Leapfrog since 2016
- One of just 41 organizations worldwide to earn Gallup's Exceptional Workplace Award for 2022
- Named a U.S. News High Performer in 2022-2023
- Main hospital is the largest in the region with 901 beds, a Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, a 60-bed Rehab Pavilion, and a 56 bed Cancer Institute.
Highlights of the Opportunity:
- A full-time Anesthesiologist is expected to cover 210 shifts annually, with additional pay for extra shifts.
- A diverse mix of cases includes Cardiac, Endo, General Surgery, Neuro, OB, Oncology, Ortho, Robotics, Spine, Vascular, and Level II Trauma.
- We are looking for General Anesthesiologists and physicians who are Fellowship Trained in Cardiac and Pediatrics
- The staffing model planned is 30 Anesthesiologists, and 100 CRNAs covering 62+ sites including Cath Lab, IR, Endo.
- The average anesthesia volume is 40,000 cases annually.
- Less than FT shifts, including PRN employed position maybe available.
- Physicians will have oversight of CRNA’s.
- Top of market compensation package based on years of experience
- W2 position with a Health Care System that has an unparalleled history of quality care delivery
- Commencement bonus and relocation assistance will be offered.
- Premium pay calculation if a clinician works past the scheduled shift. Premium calculation also applies if a clinician opts to pick-up extra shifts.
- The full array of benefits offered includes health, dental, vision, long-term/short-term disability, 9 weeks PTO, 5 days for CME and 403(b) with a 4% match.
- Sarasota Memorial and First Physicians Group are not-for-profit organizations. Physicians & CRNAs can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program if employed by First Physicians Group.
Please contact Jeni Vanorden, Provider Recruiter, for more information on this opportunity.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is among the largest acute care public health systems in Florida. The Sarasota Campus has our flagship 839-bed acute-care hospital and a 56 bed, 8-story Brian D. Jellison Cancer Institute Oncology Tower. With more than 8,500 employees, including 1,000 physicians and over 750 volunteers, it is Sarasota County’s largest employer. A not-for-profit community hospital founded in 1925, we are a full-service health system with specialized expertise in Heart, Vascular, Cancer Care, Level II Trauma Center and neuroscience services. We also offer a large network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation care among our many programs.
First Physicians Group is one of Florida's Gulf Coast's leaders in primary and specialty care with an impressive 29-year history in the community. With 550+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 46 different specialties and 66 practice locations, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.