First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Physician for our growing market in Sarasota, Florida. We are seeking a well-trained, compassionate, enthusiastic physician looking to provide exceptional inpatient and outpatient care.
- Busy collegial practice with a 30-year history in the community.
- New physician will ramp up quickly due to existing volumes.
- Group is made up of three (3) Family Medicine physicians and an IM/Peds physician who are responsible for seeing patients of all ages (newborn through geriatric) in the clinic and at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
- Clinic Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 4:00PM.
- Physicians work 4 days a week in the clinic and will typically see 22+ patients per day.
- Physicians round daily at the Hospital prior to clinic hours.
- Inpatient census averages 3-5 patients per day for each provider.
- Call of 1:5 will be shared equitably.
- Exceptional opportunity to have a wide variety of patients and to maintain an inpatient skill set.
- Office is conveniently located 4 miles from the hospital.
- Preference will be given to physicians with an active Florida Medical license.
- Contract includes a 2-year guaranteed base salary. Physician can transition to a generous pay model after 2 years.
- Full array of benefits offered including health, dental, vision, long term disability, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, paid holidays and much more.
- A Commencement bonus and Relocation Allowance is offered.
- Four (4) weeks of PTO year 1 and 5 weeks’ years 2 and beyond.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity, no tail insurance is necessary should you leave our practice.
- We are a not-for-profit organization – 501(c)(3). Physicians can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program if employed by FPG.
- Florida does not have a state income tax.
Please contact Lana Griffin, Provider Recruiter for additional information about this excellent opportunity.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, offering Southwest Florida’s greatest breadth and depth of care, provides services for more than 1 million patients each year across its 2 hospital campuses, freestanding ER and network of outpatient care centers. The system’s 901-bed Flagship facility, Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota has been consistently recognized as one of the nation’s best acute-care hospitals, with superior patient outcomes and a complete continuum of care – from trauma, emergency and urgent care services to laboratory and diagnostic imaging, home health, skilled nursing and rehabilitation.