SLUCare Physician Group, a member of SSM Health is actively searching for a Nurse PractitionerPhysician Assistant in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients. Performs complete physical exam and records findings.
- Collaborate with physician(s) in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients as needed.
- Synthesize data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures and maintain and review patient charts for tests results and other pertinent health information.
- Assists the physicians in the hospital by making patient rounds, recording patient progress notes, compiling and recording discharge summaries, and accurately writing and executing orders under the supervision of a physician and with physician.
- Interview and advise patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs. Instruct patients and families regarding medications, treatment instructions, and other patient education.
- l Manage medical and surgical emergencies. Provide monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Issues written prescription orders for drugs under the supervision of the physician.
- Triage patient telephone calls and provide consultation.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90 days - American Heart Association (AHA)
Physician Assistant - Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
Physician Assistant - Oklahoma Medical Board
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Application for Physician Assistant - Oklahoma Medical Board
Physician Assistant in Medicine, Licensed - Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
Physician Assistant - Missouri Division of Professional Registration
Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) - National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA)