First Physicians Group, the employed Medical Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, has an exceptional opportunity for a BE/BC Internal Medicine Physician in our expanding market. We are seeking well-trained, compassionate, enthusiastic physicians looking to provide exceptional care in our employed practice.
We are located in the highly desirable area of Sarasota, FL, which is on the West Coast of Florida and close to some of the most beautiful beaches in the country – Siesta Key, Lido Key and Longboat Key. The community is known for its excellent public and private schools and a vast array of activities for all ages to enjoy.
First Physicians Group is one of Florida's Gulf Coast's leaders in primary and specialty care with an impressive 29-year history in the community. With 550+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 49 different specialties and 70 practice locations, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
- Group is made up of five (5) physicians and two (2) Nurse practitioner, all experienced and dedicated to providing outpatient only services.
- Inheriting full patient panel from retiring physician
- Inpatients are covered by First Physicians Group Medical Hospitalists 24/7.
- Physicians see 18-25 patients per day in the office, Monday through Friday.
- Nights and weekend practice coverage is equally shared amongst all physicians.
- Teaching of Florida State University Medical Students and Internal Medicine Residents is available if interested.
- MD or DO from an accredited school of medicine
- Board Certified preferred; Board Eligible will be considered
- Active Florida license or eligible for a FL license
- Contract includes a competitive 2 year guaranteed base salary. Physicians can transition to a generous pay model after 2 years.
- Full array of benefits offered – Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, PTO, and much more.
- Relocation allowance and a commencement bonus is provided.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
- Sarasota Memorial and First Physicians Group are not-for-profit organizations. Physicians can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program if employed by First Physicians Group.
- No State income tax in Florida.