Family Medicine Opportunities in Wasilla, Alaska!
Southcentral Foundation is the largest Alaska Native owned healthcare system in the state. Our award-winning model of care is based on our belief that the journey to wellness is responsibility shared between patient and provider.
Why work for Southcentral Foundation?
Our benefits are designed around your health and wellness. We offer one hour per week of paid wellness leave, on-site fitness and daycare facilities, competitive salary packages, and much more!
Our clinical team environment is one of the most robust in the country. Our data-driven, non RVU approach means that compensation is salary-based: encouraging a practice focused on wellness, not quantity.
Our integrated and accessible approach to care makes your job easier. Our clinics coordinate patient care with integrated care teams that have access to specialists in multiple disciplines.
Southcentral Foundation Primary Care
- Work Monday through Friday
- No call
- No RVU’s
- No insurance constraints on patients
- Patient panels of approximately 1200
- NUKA Model of Care –work on team with a full-time RN Case Manager and Certified Medical Assistant and Case Management Support Staff.
- PA's, NP's cover for your panel of patient when you are out of the office or on vacation
- Integrated into system: health educators, nutritionists, social workers, OB/GYN's, Certified Nurse Midwives, Pediatricians, Internists, pharmacists, home health, Psychiatrists, behaviorists, and many other medical specialties
- Integrated model includes complementary health providers, easy access to specialists
- 75th to 95th percentile in most HEDIS measures
- Electronic health care records (CERNER)
- Paperwork, billing, and administrative hassles all taken care of by others.
- Unique retention bonus program
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Enhanced leave program
- One hour per week of paid wellness leave
- Benefits include appx. 5.2 - 6.5 weeks of leave, an additional week of paid CME (+ a stipend towards CME), plus 12 paid holidays
- Full insurance coverage – malpractice coverage, health, life, short and long-term disability - and subsidized health insurance for family
- Employer match 401K retirement fund, and we will reimburse your AK state medical license fee.
- New, modern, innovative facilities, computers, and other state of the art equipment
- Innovative practice system featured on front page of New York Times, JAMA, BMJ and others. Clinical quality improvement team. Practice management data monthly. - We currently employ 18 Family Physicians, 18 pediatricians, 10 OB/GYN's and 6 Psychiatrists and our clinic is growing
Matanuska Valley – Wasilla Population, 8,365. Mat-Su Borough Population, 96,074 ...largest growing area in Alaska
Cost effective housing and low tax structure
Small town feel, with larger city only 45 minutes away
Home of the Iditarod Sled Dog race, numerous winter and summer recreational opportunities including fishing, boating, snow machining, cross country skiing, wildlife viewing, and sled dog racing. Wasilla embodies the small-town values of family, community, and caring for neighbors. The active population enjoys affordable land and housing, unparalleled recreation, and a thriving economy
Many of our providers live in Eagle River AK, 25 minutes from the clinic, and 20 minutes from Anchorage-pop 300,000
Alaska is known as the land of the midnight sun as we bask in 19.5 hours of daylight on summer solstice. Our summer temperatures reach into the mid to upper 70’s and the landscape transforms into green trees and flower blossoms. On winter solstice, we enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets over beautiful snowcapped mountains and darkness brings the possibility of breathtaking displays of the northern lights