Avera Medical Group Estherville, located in northwest Iowa, is seeking a board eligible or board certified family medicine physician to join their team. This position is for the candidate who wants to be part of a primary care network of physicians who care about their patients and want to have an excellent career with a great quality of life.
Meet with one of Avera's physicians and recruiters at AAFP FMX, Oct 25-26, 2023 in Chicago. We would love to answer and questions in person!
- Avera Holy Family Hospital – 25 bed critical access hospital
- Top 20 CAH hospital in the U.S. - 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018
- CMS 5-Star Rating Hospital for patient experience – 2015, 2016, & 2017
- 24-hour ER
- ER coverage optional – opportunity for additional income
- E-Hospitalist provides 24 hour physician management as needed for hospital inpatients, also e-ER, e-pharmacy and e-Behavioral health
- Digital radiology – includes 3D mammography, CT, MRI and ultrasound
- Mobile Nuclear Medicine and PET CT services available
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible schedule that combines professional satisfaction and quality of life
- Population of 6,000 and 15 miles from Iowa Great Lakes Region – vacation destination
- Community wellness center with indoor pool and walking track with an outdoor children’s splash pad
- Excellent middle school and addition to elementary school
- New aquatics park to be finished in summer 2022
- Walking trail and river trail system
- Significant renewable energy economic development occurring in area
- New apartment complex under development
- Fort Defiance State park at edge of town. Wide range of recreational activities for all ages
- Home of Iowa Lakes Community College with new performing arts center
- 2 hours from Sioux Falls, SD, 3 hours from Minneapolis St. Paul, MN, Des Moines, IA and Omaha, NE for airport travel access.
- Becker’s Healthcare (2022) ranks Iowa No. 6 as the best state for physicians to live and work in!
Avera Holy Family Hospital, located on the same campus as the Avera Medical Group Estherville has continuous building improvements. Improvements have included a 22 acute inpatient care rooms, same day care facilities, surgical suites, and a special care unit. A new ER opened in May of 2019. The physicians are supported by a wide spectrum of medical specialists, who serve the community through Avera Holy Family Hospital’s Outpatient Clinic.
The community has a strong economic base with growing industry, medical services, commercial, retail and professional services. Estherville is near the heart of the Iowa Great Lakes Region providing an outstanding quality of life.
Estherville has a great public educational system with a host of academic, artistic and athletic opportunities for children. Iowa Lakes Community College, with its main campus and administrative offices in Estherville, has an enrollment of over 2100 students.