Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center located in Houma, Louisiana is seeking a Hematology/Oncology physician to join our team. This opportunity is extended to a board-certified or board-eligible hematology/oncology physician with expertise and established experience to fill this vital opening. Our exceptional team drives cancer care innovation offering world-class diagnostic and treatment technology, clinical trials, highly-individualized treatment plans, free community screenings and education.
All candidates should have a consistent employment or training record and documentation of excellent outcomes. Candidates must have exceptional clinical skills, excellent bedside manner and a strong work ethic.
This position offers a lucrative compensation package and a generous executive benefits package including: sign on bonus, stipend, relocation, 401k, health insurance, vacation and CME time, and malpractice coverage. Physicians will enjoy excellent quality of life offerings with deep cultural heritage provided in this unique area of Southeast Louisiana. The facility is led by an administrative team that believes in strong physician relationships and support.
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center provides the full spectrum of cancer care, from prevention and early detection to diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship for those in the Bayou Region. Its services include chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery, as well as patient navigation, clinical trials and free community screenings. The Center is nationally accredited with commendation and recognized for excellence in cancer care by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and ASCO’s Quality Oncology Practice Initiative Certification in Cancer Center. (www.marybird.org)
The medical center is an internationally recognized, state-of-the-art hospital dedicated to providing high quality, compassionate healthcare to our community. We take pride in being the largest community-based hospital in southeast Louisiana with 321 licensed beds and a highly skilled hospital team consisting of over 1,400 employees and over 300 medical staff. TGMC offers a wide range of services such as Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center at TGMC, our comprehensive Women’s Health Center, world-class cardiology services, advanced orthopedics and full rehabilitation services. TGMC also takes a proactive approach to wellness and prevention through our Healthy Lifestyles Center.
WHY LIVE HERE?
Houma-Terrebonne Parish was recently recognized as one of the "Nicest Places in America", second most-exciting city in Louisiana, eighth fastest-growing small city in the United States and 18th best-performing small city! The unique culture and strong family bonds as well as a joy for life attitude make this area second to none. Additionally our community provides all of the essential components to make your practice & personal life thrive:
- In this unique area you will find uncommon attractions and delicious dining that is all wrapped up around our vivacious spirit, Cajun culture and hospitality that is second to none.
- Close proximity to major metropolitan areas - 45 minutes from the New Orleans International Airport, 1 hour drive to New Orleans and 1 hour 45 minute drive to Baton Rouge and Lafayette
- Bordered by the bountiful Gulf of Mexico, Terrebonne Parish is the Saltwater Fishing Capital of the World, with a combination of deep sea, brackish or inland fishing with liberal limits.
- A plethora of other outdoor recreational activities awaits you including golf and a 114-acre Bayou Country Sportsplex filled with indoor and outdoor sporting events, trails, a dog park and a lake for canoeing at a sandy beach.
- Excellent quality of life with strong family bonds
- Low crime rate, strong school system
- This area draws a highly skilled workforce from four parishes
- Centrally located and the hub for medical services
TGMC Physician Recruiting Portal – physicians.tgmc.com
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center - marybird.com/tgmc
H-T Chamber of Commerce - houmachamber.com
Houma Tourism website - houmatravel.com
Local newspaper – www.houmatimes.com, www.houmatoday.com
Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government - tpcg.org
Terrebonne Parish School District - tpsd.org
Houma-Terrebonne Diocese Schools - htdiocese.org
For more information, please contact: Sara Rodrigue, Physician Relations Coordinator