Dear Dr. <lastname>,
Wythe County Community Hospital, a LifePoint Health facility, in conjunction with The Center for Pain Management is seeking a physician to join their group practice in order to fill the community's high need for these services. Applicants should be patient centered; like to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment; believe in providing high quality services; able to join a high functioning team; and desire an experience with serving patients from a rural community.
About the position:
- Full time position
- 100% pain
- Treatment of chronic pain patients only – no acute pain
- No hospital call, only group call, if required
- Must be board certified or board eligible in anesthesiology/pain management and rehabilitation (PM&R, physiatry)
- Board eligible for ABA testing, if trained after 2000 and successful completion of an AMG (USDOE) accredited fellowship program if trained after 2000 is a must.
- An accredited fellowship is required in either anesthesia or physiatry program.
- Must possess a broad spectrum of pain management knowledge: experience in surgical stimulator implants, managing intrathecal pumps and spinal injections, preferred
- Competitive Salary with bonus potential
- Great Benefits
- Retirement plan after 12 months of service
- Student loan repayment, stipend for last year fellows, sign-on bonus and relocation assistance can be negotiated
About the practice:
- Currently 1 physician, 1 nurse, 1 receptionist, 1 CNA
- Spacious new office building near the hospital
- Very little pain medication management
- Monday-Friday; 8 am – 5 pm
About the hospital:
Wythe County Community Hospital, (a LifePoint Health facility) is a 100 bed hospital located in the desirable Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. A Chest Pain Accredited Emergency Department is available for emergency needs around the clock. We offer everything from a robust hospitalist program to primary care, pediatrics to internal medicine, and surgical services to rehabilitation therapies.
Living in Wytheville, VA:
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities via the two interstates passing through the town. Experience “The Good Life” and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.
For more information or to schedule a phone interview, contact Vicky Hill.