Trauma Critical Care
Geisinger Community Medical Center located in Scranton PA has openings for Board Eligible/ Board Certified Trauma Critical Care Surgeon. Join an expanding Acute Care Surgery practice that has it all. Our team is currently comprised of 5 surgeons, includes 4 advanced practitioners with plans to expand to 6 this year, as well as residents. Our division also includes an active and engaged PI staff, outreach, and registry staff who facilitate patient care and help forward the mission of Geisinger Trauma within our hospital.
· We are a busy trauma center with 30+ years of service covering 6 counties in northeast PA.
· We have an outstanding opportunity for another member to join our team in providing care to patients in the NEPA in all three facets of Acute Care Surgery.
· In addition to clinical responsibilities, there is an opportunity to get become involved in resident and medical student education with the potential for an academic appointment at the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine commensurate with your experience.
· This is also a great time to become involved in our expanding research program, outreach, and elective general surgery. Administrative opportunities exist for those so inclined to participate in leading our section and institution forward over the next several years.
Come join our team and become involved in building an outstanding trauma center in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Living in Northeast Pennsylvania
• Safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, and natural beauty collide
• 2 hours to New York City and 2 to Philadelphia
• International Airport, Sporting Events, Ski Resorts, and Fine Dining, Community Arts and Cultural Centers
• 9 Universities and Graduate Institutions in the immediate area plus excellent public and private schools
• Local mountain range provides great fishing, skiing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and biking
• Enjoy a day trip to NYC, the beach, or the mountains in the Poconos
• Progressive and diverse city region of over 550K
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Sarah Lipka, Provider Recruiter, Geisinger Health
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
GEISINGER-COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER (G-CMC), Scranton, Pa., is an acute care hospital licensed for 297 beds and houses the only Level II Trauma Center in Lackawanna County and Scranton’s only neurosurgery program and adult in-patient behavioral health unit. It is also home to comprehensive cardiovascular and orthopaedic services, as well as a broad range of other surgical and radiological services.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.