Premier Health Partners /Wright State University in Dayton Ohio is seeking a Spine fellowship trained Neurosurgeon to join their rapidly growing, comprehensive neuroscience institute. The new Chief, Division of Neurosurgery is seeking interested neurosurgeon(s) in having a robust clinical practice, teaching opportunities, program building.
The primary admitting hospital is Miami Valley Hospital, a very sophisticated, 974-bed Level I Trauma Center and designated Primary Stroke Center. Premier Health Partners also comprises three other area hospitals for a total of nearly 1900 beds. The health system is affiliated with Wright State University, offering support/protected time for basic science research interests, medical student and residency teaching opportunities & collaborations with engineering for device development. Miami Valley Hospital is a teaching hospital for numerous residency programs including general surgery and orthopedics, offering residency teaching opportunities.
Hospital & Practice Highlights:
Varian TrueBeam at Miami Valley Hospital South;
- 3T MRI
- 3 ROSA neurosurgical robots
- Medtronic O-arm
- Brethen Center for Surgical Advancement in Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Epic System for Electronic Medical Records;
- Stryker and Stealth Navigation;
- 20 bed Neuro-ICU
- Busy clinical practice including complex instrumentation, spine deformity & minimally-invasive spine;
- Countless opportunities to do spine outcomes research;
- Position will include an academic appointment at Boonshoft School of Medicine;
- Miami Valley Hospital currently running 3-4 Block OR’s 5 days per week specifically for neurosurgery;
- Synergies with engineering department create opportunities in bioengineering, biomechanics & new instrument development;
- Program building & leadership opportunities including the eventual development of a neurosurgery residency program;
- Collaborative support from the Chair of Neurology & Head of Research in development at multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and cutting edge research
Situated within the Miami Valley region, Dayton is a diverse city with a population of almost 850,000. The city is a terrific place to raise a family, offering exceptional public and private schools and home to two major universities: the University of Dayton and Wright State University. Dayton is the birthplace of aviation and has a tradition of growth and innovation. Dayton, with over a century of national renown as a center of research and innovation, has nationally ranked cultural attractions and is located within an easy drive of Cincinnati and Columbus.