The John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, MO is actively recruiting for a BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician to work as a Hospitalist at our Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, MO. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with other physicians extenders, nurses, and/or other support staff
- Renders inpatient care for hospitalized Veterans and also for Community Living Center (CLC) patients with another
- Hospitalist supervising a full-time Nurse Practitioner
- Provide service with another Hospitalist in the inpatient setting which is a 18-bed facility with no ICU
- Provides alternate coverage for Urgent Care in the absence of Urgent Care provider (no ER available)
- Requires ACLS and BLS
- ANNUAL SALARY: $200K - $260K + annual performance bonus up to additional $15K + full benefits below
- GUARANTEED SALARY INCREASES!
- WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift - 8am - 4:30pm
- CALL REQUIREMENTS: Call shared amongst 7-8 physicians - average 2 days per month over a weekend
- SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
- LICENSURE: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement + 1 week paid authorized absence to attend
- STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT: The Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) is designed to assist individuals in reducing their qualifying loan balances and in retaining employees by reimbursing loan payments of up to $120,000 over a 5-year service period
- MALPRACTICE: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- NO PHYSICIAN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT - NO SIGNIFICANT RESTRICTION ON MOONLIGHTING
Situated in Southeast Missouri, midway between St. Louis, Missouri, and Memphis, Tennessee, Poplar Bluff is home to about 17,000 people and is the county seat of Butler County. Nestled among Ozark foothills, spring-fed streams, a national forest, a scenic lake and fertile farmlands, Poplar Bluff serves as a regional hub for education, healthcare, business and light industry; and also offers a wide range of recreational opportunities. Poplar Bluff offers a serene and pristine atmosphere with easy access to major metropolitan areas and lots of opportunities for outdoor entertainment.
The John J. Pershing VA Medical Center, located in Poplar Bluff, Missouri, provides primary care to veterans throughout 29 counties of Southeast Missouri and Northeast Arkansas. Approximately 50,000 veterans live in our service area and about 40 percent of them receive care at our Medical Center annually. Our facility is comprised of 18 general medicine beds and 40 extended care beds.
In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 688 hours into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME
Contact me to discuss!