Ascension Wisconsin is currently seeking a Gerontologist or IM/FM Ger/MED certified physician interested in providing specialized care for our geriatric population in Northern Wisconsin. This practice will be approximately 55% nursing home/assisted living coverage and 45% general outpatient. This is an ideal opportunity to join an established team with two other Gerontologists and two Advanced Practice Clinicians.
- Part Time
- Will work collaboratively with the other physician to provide coverage to 7 area nursing homes/assisted living facilities and treat high acuity patients in an outpatient setting at our Crandon and Rhinelander sites
- Flexible schedule with no night call responsibility; you will be part of a regional call requirement that is just 2x/year (phone call only)
- Commonly seen: arthritis, heart and lung disease, diabetes, depression, memory loss, incontinence, mobility issues, Alzheimer’s and osteoporosis
- There is a Diabetes and Memory Diagnostic Clinic at our Rhinelander site that works with patients suffering from early onset dementia and alzheimers. The clinic is staffed by a full-time nurse practitioner but supported by physicians. Your participation would be welcome, but is not required.
- The area is ideal for an outdoor enthusiast - located in a popular Wisconsin vacation destination surrounded by crystal-clear lakes, stately forests and miles and miles of hiking, biking, snowmobile and ski trails
Physicians who have recently joined us indicate that the excellent work/life balance combined with a friendly, thriving community was ultimately what drew them here. Hard work, honesty and hospitality are all mainstays of our Wisconsin lifestyle.
Ascension Wisconsin is a combination of four systems—Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. We are comprised of 23 hospitals and more than 100 clinic sites across the state, ranging from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Healthcare, is the largest nonprofit health system in the US and the world’s largest Catholic health system.
We invite you to explore us and our Gerontology opportunity today!