Halifax Health is seeking an Adult Psychiatrist to join our Team!
Halifax Health is the area’s only Level II Trauma Center serving the Volusia County community since 1928. Halifax Health is the area's largest tertiary healthcare provider. The main campus is located in Daytona Beach with 678 licensed beds, there is an 80-bed community hospital; Halifax Health Medical Center of Port Orange and brand new 90-bed hospital that opened early 2020; Halifax Health – UF Health Medical Center of Deltona. Halifax Health has over 500 physicians on its Medical Staff representing more than 46 medical specialties.
Halifax Health - Adult Behavioral Health Services has a 16 bed Geriatric Psych Unit, 24 Bed Stabilization Unit, 14 Bed Intensive Unit and an eight bed Psych ED for evaluating patients. A 14 bed Medical-Psych Unit is in the planning stages. The interdisciplinary team consists of physicians, ARNP’s, nurses, counselors and recreation therapists. Halifax Health was recently awarded the Platinum designation by Optum for delivering highly effective inpatient care as measured by Optum’s Achievements in Clinical Excellence (ACE) program.
Daytona Beach is rich with history, in addition to the 23 miles of white sand beaches, the community is overflowing with sporting venues, museums, band shell concerts, night life, parks, wildlife, water activities and family fun. There are excellent private and public schools including a top 10 ranked International Baccalaureate high school. There are three Universities including Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University which is ranked in the top 5 for small private engineering schools.
The Daytona Beach area in east central Florida is also only an hour away from other major cities including Orlando and Jacksonville!
Live by the beach while making a difference at a respected safety net hospital with a job you will love. Come for the lifestyle, stay for the career!
- 54 bed adult behavioral health unit
- 8 bed Psych ED
- Baker Act receiving facility
- Medical floor consults
- Call Schedule – Every 4th day, every 4th weekend
- Platinum Status Facility by Optum
- Full time, Employed position
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Adult Psychiatry
- Must hold US citizenship or permanent residency
- Must obtain a Florida license
- Experience desired, but new fellowship candidates considered
- Physician Governance Council allows for physician input into strategic planning and operational policies for the employed physician group
- Competitive compensation with productivity bonus component
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision and a Matched 403(b) retirement plan, Unmatched 457 deferred comp plan also available.
- Sovereign immunity covers malpractice
- 30 days for vacation, CME, sick, and/or holidays
- CME allocation and up to 2 organizational memberships paid
- Relocation assistance/ Sign on bonuses
- Qualifying employer for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness program
Halifax Health is proud to be the area’s only -
- 24-Hour Pediatric Intensive Care Units and Level III Neonatal ICU
- Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services - Designated Volusia County School Site serving nearly 5,500 patients a year and more than 18,000 patients since opening in 1992
- Joint Commission Certified Outpatient Diabetes Care Program
- Kidney Transplant Program
- Palliative Care Consultative Services
- Pediatric Emergency Department with board-certified pediatricians on call 24/7
- Level II Trauma Center - Staffs area’s only trauma surgeons with advanced training in critical care medicine 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Area’s only Orthopedic Traumatologist
- Da Vinci® S Surgical System robotic platform used to perform minimally invasive surgery
- MoreOB (Managing Obstetrical Risk Efficiently program) - 1st in state of Florida
- DaTscan - the first ADA-approved diagnostic radiopharmaceutical adjunct image agent to assist physicians in evaluating patients with suspected Parkinson’s disease
- General Surgery Residency Program
- Area's only Obstetric Emergency Department - 90,000 patients per year
- Area's only Comprehensive Stroke Center - 24/7 fully equipped and fully staffed neurosurgical operating rooms.
- Area’s only hospital to provide advanced radiology technology that can calculate how bad brain cells are damaged after a stroke – to help determine treatment
- Area's only Interventional Radiology Service
- Area’s only GE Revolution CT scanner
- Area’s only gynecologic oncologist – Kelly Molpus, MD
- Area’s only Hereditary Risk Assessment Program
- Area’s only Survivorship Program within the Center of Oncology
- Area’s only full-time Oncology Nutritionist
- Area’s only hospital to provide early stage breast cancer technology - IntraBeam IORT
- Area’s most advanced Cancer Research Program
- Area’s only hospital to receive the highest rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons on patient outcomes from heart bypass surgery
- Area’s only hospital to provide conscious sedation for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Area’s only hospital to provide Brain Lab – Stereotactic Radiation – which can target over 10 metastatic tumors in one radiologic surgery session.
- Area’s only hospital in the State of Florida to provide the HMR – Weight Loss System.