Due to system growth, Aspirus Cardiology has exceptional openings for Cardiologists.
*Very competitive salary of up to $550,000 to start depending on experience, plus an excellent benefit package including $50,000 sign on bonus, up to $15,000 relocation allowance, $200,000 loan repayment, as well as generous time off and CME allowances.
Opportunity to assume a physician leadership role as director of clinical research or in the areas of imaging and heart failure
- Aspirus service area covers a population of over 600,000 lives and includes 8 hospitals and 58 clinics
- Exceptional referral base employing over 375 multi-specialty providers
- Over 70,000 Cardiology patients visits a year
- 450 cardiac surgeries per year
- Advanced structural heart program including TAVR, Watchman, Paravalvular Leak Closure
- Integrated Heart & Vascular program including CT & Vascular Surgeons
- Advanced EP program including hybrid AFib procedures
- Well established research department with cutting edge clinical trials, 1 of 7 sites in the country for DEEP trial exploring a hybrid approach to atrial fibrillation ablation and 1 in 20 sites in the country for the Boston Scientific renal denervation trial
- Cardiology led nuclear department including PET
- Potential teaching opportunities available through Aspirus Family Medicine Residency Program and Medical College of Wisconsin, both on site
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is ten minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a private/not-for-profit facility. We are a Level II Trauma Center licensed for 325 beds, operating at 230. We average 12,714 inpatient admissions with 78,119 outpatients and 30,574 emergency room visits per year. Our departments include an 18-bed Medical/Surgical ICU, 8-bed cardiac ICU, 18-bed ER, 1,308 annual deliveries in our OB unit, 12-room NICU, 5 cath labs, performing 435 open heart surgeries per year in our Aspirus Heart & Vascular Institute.
Other units/departments include, Aspirus Regional Cancer Center, Aspirus Spine & Neurosciences Institute, Day Surgery, GI Center, Ortho/Neuro, Medical/Pediatrics, RT, and Rehab.