Great River Health System
West Burlington, IA 52655
Find great quality of life and an excellent practice experience in a fantastic Midwestern Community on the majestic Mississippi River! Exciting opportunity in the regions premier health systems Emergency Department. Great River Health Systems in Burlington, Iowa is looking for an ABEM physician to join our growing program that features the most respected ED team in the region. Great River was the FIRST ER in Iowa to employ all residency trained, ABEM certified physicians.- Opportunity to practice in a financially sound, state of the art, independent facility.
- A 380 bed independant, regional, financially stable health system
- Over 140 providers on staff and 2300+ employees – largest employer in the area and rated as a "Top Workplace" in Iowa by the Des Moines Register!
- Production based compensation model enables you to be on equal footing with your partners from day one
- Board certified emergency medicine physicians available 24/7 to staff the ER
- 24/7 IM-Hospitalists to support you in the hospital and ICU
- Full benefits / malpractice insurance / $10k for relocation and potential loan forgiveness as well as sign on bonus
- Free use of our fully appointed gym down the hall from the clinic with locker rooms, fitness classes and a rock climbing tower!
- A vibrant, safe and charming riverfront community with excellent public and private educational and recreational options for families.
- An easy drive to Chicago and St. Louis and 1hr drive to University of Iowa in Iowa City. Daily flights to both St. Louis and Chicago and Amtrak to Chicago.
- Plenty of outdoor fun with 11 municipal parks, a water park and waterfront recreation as well as two of the top ten golf courses in the State of Iowa!
- World renowned whitetail deer hunting
- Iowa is rated the "Best State for Doctors" by wallethub.com
- Option to live in a prestigious gated community with tennis court, golf course, pool, and work-out center
- If you are looking to have access to the city, but live in the country, there is plenty of acreage to build your dream home
- 22% lower cost of living and 65% lower home costs in Iowa!
This is a very suburban feeling town with a Mall, Target, Starbucks, Panera, Lowes, Dicks Sporting Goods, Kohls and much, much more.