AVERA MEDICAL GROUP NEPHROLOGY
Seeking a board certified or board eligible nephrologist to join our group of six employed nephrologists at Avera Medical Group Nephrology located in Sioux Falls SD ranked #3 best city to live and work for physicians in US by Medscape in 2017
- Call schedule 1:6
- Clinic is located in a new medical office building attached to Avera McKennan Hospital
- Avera has state of the art dialysis units
- Provide care for patients with a wide variety of renal diseases including pre and post transplant care
- Outreach to Avera clinics and dialysis care provided to several rural locations in the region
- Opportunity for Clinical faculty appointment with the University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine.Academic activities include teaching medical students, family medicine residents, and internal medicine residents
- Highly competitive salary, 2 year income guarantee, loan assistance and a generous benefit package.Employed by Avera McKennan
- Avera Medical Group Nephrology is part of Avera Health, the region’s largest and strongest health care network with over 17,000 employees
- Avera McKennan Hospital is a 545-bed tertiary care center, recognized for excellence in areas such as stroke and heart care, cancer treatment, emergency and trauma, critical care, neurosciences, bone marrow, kidney and pancreas transplant programs, medical research and teaching programs.
- Avera McKennan Hospital is one of the nation’s TOP 15 hospitals, earning national awards in patient care, technology, quality initiatives and nursing staff.
AVERA TRANSPLANT INSTITUTE
- The Avera Transplant Institute conducted its first kidney transplant in 1993 and began its liver transplant program in 2016..To date, over 1000 kidney and pancreas transplants have been performed with outcomes noted as “better than predicted.”
- Regions longest standing program for kidney and pancreas transplant program.
- Full scope accredited bone marrow transplant program.
- Established hepatology program..
AVERA MEDICAL GROUP
- Integrated physicians’ network of Avera Health; 330 locations in 100 communities in the 5-state region of South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.Service area is >800,000.
- More than 850 professionals providing focused patient care
- Total EMR for longitudinal care
- Avera eCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services through eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, ePrescribing, eLTC and eStroke
- Sioux Falls, SD has been recognized as one of the most business-friendly communities in the nation, as well as a great place to raise a family.
- The economy is strong with area businesses in health services, financial, technology, communications, manufacturing and agribusiness.
- No State Income Tax
- Recreational activities abound in Sioux Falls, thanks to the city’s system of 64 parks intertwined with the Big Sioux River.Host to professional Developmental League Basketball, NL Baseball and US Hockey League
- Excellent array of educational opportunities for all ages with 24 public elementary schools, four middles schools, 3 public high schools, 16 private school affiliations, 5 universities and a number of business and vocational schools.
- Sioux Falls is a draw area for the arts, entertainment and shopping.