The Erlanger Heart and Lung Institute in collaboration with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine - Chattanooga are seeking exceptional General Cardiologists to join our team. Ideal candidates with a passion for teaching residents and fellows, with equally competent clinical skills should apply.
Erlanger Heart and Lung Institute
Erlanger has assembled an elite team of experts from across the country to pursue a new vision for heart and lung care. They represent a full spectrum of cardiovascular specialties – from advanced heart failure to the regions only sports cardiology program. Working in close collaboration, our team is transforming care by offering more minimally-invasive innovations for better outcomes and faster recovery.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD of DO degree
- Board Certified
- Academic experience preferred
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Tennessee.
- 20 Physician Member - Hospital Employed Cardiology Group
- 16 Advanced Practice Providers
- 3 Cardio-thoracic surgeons
- Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship program added in 2015, 11 fellows presently
- Two main offices and 8 satellite office locations
- Call rotation 1:5
- Research Opportunities Available
Benefits of Working at Erlanger Health System
- Excellent Compensation & Benefits Package
- Sign-On Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- Clinical Research Opportunities Available
- Teaching Affiliation- UT College of Medicine
- Clinical Affiliation- Vanderbilt University
- 10 Residency Programs & 10 Fellowship Programs
- Largest Employed Medical Group in Chattanooga
- NO State Income Tax and Low Cost of Living
- 100 miles to Atlanta, 130 miles to Nashville
Erlanger Health System – “World Class”
The Erlanger Health System is a multi-hospital system with six hospitals based in Chattanooga, and is the tri-state region's only Level I Trauma Center, providing the highest level of trauma care for adults. Erlanger also serves as the region's only academic teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga. With a history that dates back more than a century, Erlanger is the 7th largest public hospital in the U.S., and recognized as one of the nation's finest public hospitals and a leader in healthcare.
Chattanooga “The Scenic City”
Chattanooga, the 4th largest city in the state, a top 25 place to visit in 2018, is located in Southeast Tennessee near the border of Georgia. The city has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Most striking, though, is the city's civic life. A phrase that comes up constantly is “The Chattanooga Way”: a reference to a cooperative get-it-done attitude.
With its scenic beauty, stable population and economy, civic vitality and cross-sector partnerships, fiscal integrity, and strategic location, Chattanooga enters the 21st century as one of the most progressive and livable mid-size cities in the US. Attractions such as the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain, Civil War battlefield sites, the Hunter Art Museum, and the Appalachian Trail bring thousands of people to the area, as do the many creative multicultural events throughout the year.
This is an exceptional program with growth opportunity in an attractive setting. Please email CV to Susanna Edmondson - Provider Recruitment.