Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center on the St. Lawrence River (The Thousand Islands Region) is in the Northeastern Tier of N.Y.S. on the Canadian border (above the snow belt). Ottawa (Canada’s Capital) is 45 minutes away and Montreal is 2 hours away. Both are an integral part of our lifestyle offering diverse cultural, shopping and dining options.
The St. Lawrence River and The Thousand Islands provide crystal clear waters to enjoy swimming, boating, waterskiing, and diving. Our close proximity to the Adirondack Mountains and Lake Placid ensure great skiing, hiking and camping. The wine trail for the Thousand Islands starts here and Farmers Markets abound in the area.
The local school system (K-12) offer strong academic programs, special needs support with a large variety of sports programs and extracurricular activities. Additionally, there are 4 colleges within 30 minute radius. Housing options include waterfront property; in-town homes and farmland are all affordably priced (even for the new graduate). The reasonable cost of living here allows you to enjoy all this and more (travel, cottage, boat, or even a ski chalet…..).
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in New York State and credentialed by the State to practice as an advanced Nurse Practitioner with a specialty in psychiatry, as described by NYSED Office of the Professions.
- Must be registered in NYS as a NY State Medicaid Provider and have a DEA# and an individual NPI.
- Conduct holistic psychiatric patient evaluations for the purpose of diagnosis and management of acute and chronic mental health illness as well as providing pharmacological/medication interventions with appropriate psycho-education and crisis management. Conduct follow up appointments to support the treatment plan of the patient.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the clinic psychiatrists, clinical treatment team and community partners to provide comprehensive care. This includes using all reasonable methods to detect the presence of danger to self or others and collaboration with the treatment team to implement appropriate precautions.
- Schedule patient contacts in a manner consistent with the efficient use of time, maximizing availability for direct patient contact.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and timely clinical case records, including but not limited to, treatment plans, progress notes, initial evaluations, treatment plan reviews, and documenting appropriate therapeutic intervention with each patient.
- Review health assessments and treatment plans and provide appropriate recommendations and referrals.
- Conduct treatment team meetings in collaboration with the clinical staff
- Will have shared on-call duties at least one week & weekend a month
Offer Package Outline:
Starting Salary Range: $100,000+ DOE; in addition, a RVU Production Incentive once physician meets MGMA median threshold
PTO – 30 PTO days (includes vacation, personal, sick and CME) plus 7 holidays
Generous Sign-on Bonus
Student Loan Repayment Available
Moving Expense & Annual CME allowance
Malpractice Insurance: Occurrence-based
Full Benefits Include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance and eligibility to participate in the Medical Center’s retirement plans.