GENERAL INTERNIST – MD/DO
Bassett Healthcare Network, a progressive health care network in Central New York and major teaching affiliate of Columbia University, is seeking a General Internist in Cooperstown, NY.
- Candidates must have a strong interest in clinical teaching as well as General Internal Medicine and/or Geriatrics
- Primarily outpatient oriented with opportunities for inpatient / attending activity
- No call – a first call system in n place with a nurse practitioner/physician assistant on call for your patients
- With a faculty appointment from Columbia University, there is daily interaction with medical students as well as Internal Medicine and Transitional residents
- Group employed model with competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package, including but not limited to medical, dental, CME, relocation assistance and paid malpractice insurance
- Excellent technological and subspecialty support
- Loan Repayment opportunities may be available through Federal and State programs
- H1B Support
Bassett Healthcare Network is an integrated health care system that provides care and services to people living in an eight county region covering 5,600 square miles in Central New York. The organization includes six corporately affiliated hospitals, as well as skilled nursing facilities, community and school-based health centers, and health partners in related fields.
Nestled in the foothills of the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains, Bassett Medical Center is located in Cooperstown, New York, a beautiful resort village on Otsego Lake. Home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, the Glimmerglass Opera Company, and the Fenimore Art Museum, the area also boasts many cultural and four season recreational advantages including theater, music, museums, golf, sailing, hiking, and skiing.
The Division of General Internal Medicine is an NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home, Level 3 Recognized practice.
Bassett Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.