Geisinger is seeking BC/BE Endocrinology physicians, dedicated to patient-centered, high quality medical care, to join our growing Endocrinology team at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA.
Endocrinology at Geisinger is at the forefront of medicine, utilizing Population Health and Quality Metrics to optimally treat Type 2 Diabetic patients. This unique opportunity incorporates a great balance of academic and clinical Endocrinology. Participate in exciting and innovative multidisciplinary clinics such as Cystic Fibrosis/Diabetes Clinic, Neuroendocrine(Pituitary) Clinic, metabolic bone clinic, as well as others. Endocrinology at Geisinger takes a team approach to treatment of Diabetic patients. You will work closely with Certified Diabetes Educators and advanced Practice providers. Take advantage of Clinical Trial and other research opportunities.
Endocrinology opportunities at Geisinger are primarily outpatient with minimal to no telephone inpatient coverage (dependent on location).
Endocrinology at Geisinger:
• High quality, innovative patient-centric care
• 100% subspecialty endocrinology clinical practice
• Professional continuous glucose sensor usage and interpretation
• Insulin pumps, glucose sensors, electronic glucose meter download capability
• Thyroid fine needle aspiration
We take pride in the support we provide our physicians:
• Opportunities for professional growth, teaching, and participation in clinical and research
• Excellent highly competitive benefit package, including relocation and malpractice coverage with tail
• Opportunity for forgivable loans, fellowship stipend, and medical school repayment
• Optimal work life balance: Outpatient based, with no weekend rounding
• Strong nursing and administrative support
• Competitive straight salary model linked to quality and value versus productivity measures
• Fully integrated electronic health record (Epic)
GEISINGER MEDICAL CENTER: (GMC), located (in) Danville, Pa., (is) the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region. (It) is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology, and orthopedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for (our) most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually.
You don’t have to put your life on hold to move healthcare forward. At Geisinger, you’ll engage with industry leaders to create new care delivery models and enjoy a work/life balance that gets you home in time for dinner. You’ll be there for your family, friends, and neighbors – making a difference at home and across the country.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will be considered