Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Allergist/Immunologist to join its expanding Division of Allergy and Immunology. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 900 providers, who manage 800,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
Enjoy practicing in a comfortable community setting located in the Mahoning Valley. Our dedicated team of 6 providers manage a diverse patient population, providing over 15,000 patient visits per year in 6 locations. Akron Children’s Hospital’s Center for Allergy and Immunology offers a complete array of diagnostic, treatment and consulting services for infants, children, teens and adults with allergies, asthma and immunological diseases. A dietitian is available for patients with food allergies. Our team conducts a variety of allergy tests including skin tests, blood allergy tests and food challenges.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of providers affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- Development of niche, multidisciplinary clinics, offering comprehensive, coordinated care
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include board certification in pediatrics or internal medicine, board eligibility/certification in Allergy/Immunology and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
The Mahoning Valley is an exciting and vibrant place to live…outstanding parks, museums, theaters, art galleries, sport events, golf courses, country clubs, live concert and event venues, biking and hiking trails, lakes and much more provide residents with a dynamic choice of recreational opportunities. This area is successfully transitioning to a technology and knowledge-based economy by leveraging its industrial and academic strengths. In just the last two years, 107 businesses have invested $682 million here, creating over 4500 new jobs!