A Family Medicine physician is sought to join our team of 11 dedicated Family Medicine physicians at our Baraboo Clinic in Baraboo, Wisconsin. Employed position as part of SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group located in Madison. Additional details of the opportunity include:
- Traditional (full-spectrum) Family Medicine treating patients of all ages in an outpatient and inpatient setting and including Obstetrics (low-risk)
- Faculty appointment with the University of Wisconsin-Baraboo Family Medicine residency program with active involvement of training family physicians
- Anticipated daily clinic volume of 14-20 patients per day; 0-4 inpatients in the hospital at any given time
- Call for Traditional (full-spectrum) is currently 1:7 including weekdays and weekends; this will depend on call group size; there is after hours coverage on weekdays from the hospitalist group
- Call for Obstetrics would be 1:10 including weekdays and weekends, depending on call group size
- Flexible schedule offering a 4 to 4.5 day work week
- Office hours are from 8 am-5 pm with extended hour options throughout the week and Saturday mornings
- A competitive two-year guarantee will be offered along with excellent fringe benefits including a lucrative sign-on bonus
- SSM Health - St. Clare Hospital, is a 27-bed facility with 24-hour, Level 3 trauma ER coverage which is contracted through Madison Emergency Physicians; there is 24/7 Hospitalist coverage; full lab and pathology services
- The ICU consists of 6 beds and the hospital contracts with e-ICU Telemedicine
Baraboo, a picturesque community of just over 10,000, is nestled in the rolling hills of Sauk County in South Central Wisconsin. It serves as the county seat and is just minutes away from Wisconsin Dells, The Waterpark Capital of the World, and scenic Devils Lake State Park. More than 3.5 million visitors enjoy the Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells area each year as part of their vacation or conference travel itinerary. Home to Circus World Museum, the original winter quarters of the Ringling Brothers Circus, Baraboo provides a charming and friendly small-town atmosphere with unique shopping, lodging and dining. Plus year-round attractions and recreational options like skiing, hiking, biking, water sports, hunting and fishing abound. It’s also located just 40 miles north of Madison, Wisconsin’s capital.
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.