Located in beautiful Sioux Falls, SD, The Avera Cancer Institute is recruiting a board certified or board eligible Medical Oncologist to focus solely on the treatment of breast cancer.
Avera Cancer Institute's Comprehensive Breast Program
- Opportunity to serve on national breast cancer committees
- Opportunity to participate on cooperative group and industry trials. Support available for investigator initiated studies.
- Opportunity for clinical faculty appointments with the University of South Dakota School of Medicine
- NAPBC accredited
- Contains a complete team of breast focused medical oncologist, clinical trial research nurses, surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, navigators
- Program includes a robust multidisciplinary weekly breast conference as well as a genomic guided therapy conference
- State of the art, innovated and comprehensive technology located in one convenient location
The Avera Cancer institute is the region’s most comprehensive cancer center
- Our cancer program includes medical oncology, hematology providers that specialize in bone marrow transplant and Car T-cell therapy, Radiation oncology, Gynecological oncology, comprehensive breast surgery, integrative medicine and survivorship program
- Three infusion centers dedicated to medical oncology, Hematology/BMT, breast and gynecological oncology
- Oncology trained pharmacists and residency program on site to offer assistance as needed to providers, patients and staff members
- A multidisciplinary team on site such as patient advocates, disease specific navigation, genetic counselors, social workers, chaplaincy, art & music therapy, dietitian and outpatient therapy
- Three dedicated breast surgeons
Avera Cancer Institute is the tertiary cancer center for the largest medical system in the state. It offers state-of-the-art facilities, a precision medicine team, and comprehensive specialized programs in breast, GI, GU, GYN, and lung malignancies as well as the region’s only bone marrow transplant center. Avera offers a unique blend of combining the resources and teaching opportunities of an academic center and the ability to develop and manage a robust clinical practice
- Responsibilities include outpatient clinical service plus the potential to play a leadership role in clinical research and program development.
- Avera is an academic affiliated health care system.
- Competitive compensation, a generous benefit package with loan assistance available
- Living in the upper Midwest offers a fantastic quality of life with a promise of a great work life balance
- Sioux Falls is consistently ranked as one of the best placed in the U.S. to live
- Enjoy NO STATE INCOME TAX