Genesis HealthCare System has an employment opportunity available for a BE/BC Neurosurgeon seeking to start or develop their career. Fellowship training in Spine Surgery would be of benefit to the community. Genesis HealthCare System is an integrated health care delivery system headquartered just 45 minutes east of metro Columbus, Ohio, via Interstate 70, in Zanesville, and serves a six-county region in Southeast Ohio. The system includes a recently expanded and completely renovated, 260-bed acute-care hospital, multiple outpatient centers, and a diverse provider network representing most specialties.
Aspects of this position include:
- Opportunity to quickly build a busy and robust practice
- Call 1:2, with Advanced Practice Provider to assist with first call
- Hospitalist and Intensivist support
- Renovated and expanded hospital facility, with 12 new ORs and 1 hybrid room
- New and modern medical office building on hospital campus
- High functioning Level III Trauma Center with 2 dedicated trauma surgeons
- Comprehensive Cancer Care Center
- Epic EMR
- Physician-governed medical group
This family-friendly region offers the perfect work-life balance of suburban and rural settings with easy accessibility to international airports, national/college sports events, and a wide range of additional arts/culture activities in Columbus, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh.
Candidates must be a team player, confident in their skills, minimum completion of ACGME/AOA-accredited residency program in Neurosurgery, with fellowship training in Spine Surgery preferred, and possess or eligible for an unencumbered Ohio medical license and DEA. Genesis offers an attractive base salary and comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance/sign-on bonus, and paid malpractice and tail. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.