Located in South Dakota’s largest city, Sioux Falls has a population of 250,000 and has been judged by Money Magazine as the “best place to live in America” for its quality of life. Medscape recently name Sioux Falls #3 in the nation for best place to live and work for physicians.
The Avera Medical Group Infectious Disease Opportunity Overview:
- Join a group of 5 board certified ID physicians in a growing market
- Call schedule 1:6, weekday and weekend call is shared proportionately
- Exposure to all aspects of ID – from common ID problems to BMT, liver and kidney transplant, some HIV, antimicrobial stewardship and infection control
- Being among the very first in the US to provide telemedicine services, the physician group has a very well established telemedicine practice that covers 5 states with potential growth to other states.
- Clinic is located within 5-15 minutes of the Hospitals: Avera McKennan (545 bed), Avera Heart (55 bed), Select Specialty, LTAC (30 beds) and Sioux Falls Surgical (25 beds)
- No outreach clinics required
- Academic appointment opportunities available at the South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine to teach medical students and residents
- Open ICU with collaborative coverage with Intensivists
- Strong support of sub-specialists to complement the team approach to patient care
- Annual salary guarantee, generous benefit package, including educational loan assistance