Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center on the St. Lawrence River (The Thousand Islands Region) is in the Northeastern Tier of N.Y.S. on the Canadian border (above the snow belt). Ottawa (Canada’s Capital) is 45 minutes away and Montreal is 2 hours away. Both are an integral part of our lifestyle offering diverse cultural, shopping and dining options.
The St. Lawrence River and The Thousand Islands provide crystal clear waters to enjoy water sports. Our close proximity to the Adirondack Mountains and Lake Placid ensure great skiing, hiking and camping. The wine trail for the Thousand Islands starts here and Farmers Markets abound in the area.
Our local school system (K-12) offer strong academic programs, special needs support with a large variety of sports programs and extracurricular activities. Additionally, there are 4 colleges within 30 minute radius.
Housing options include waterfront property; in-town homes and farmland are all affordably priced (even for the new graduate). The reasonable cost of living here allows you to enjoy all this and more (travel, cottage, boat, or even a ski chalet…..).
- Dynamic Board Certified- Board Eligible Urologist experienced/ trained in robotic surgery to offer personalized compassionate care.
- Join an employed multidisciplinary group; collegial environment with a full spectrum of supporting specialist & Primary Care
- Our state-of-the-art onsite Winter Cancer Center offers urologic procedures and treatments to include PROVENGE, XOFIGO, IMRT & SBRT
- Call is light 1:4 and no ED call for admission allows for a work/ life balance.
- The facility has a robust 24-7 Hospitalist program offering assistance with admissions & patient coverage.
- State of the art equipment to include the da Vinci Xi and resources for effective patient care.
- Competitive compensation with productivity and sign-on bonus along with an attractive benefits package are offered.
*Two Physician Couples Welcome
Offer Package Outline:
- Starting Salary: $525,000, plus RVU Production Incentive once physician meets MGMA median threshold
- Competitive Sign-on Bonus
- House purchase allowance
- Student Loan Repayment Available
- PTO – 30 PTO days (includes vacation, personal, sick and CME) plus 7 holidays
- Moving Expense & Annual CME Allowance
- Malpractice Insurance: Occurrence Based
- Full Benefits Package Includes: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance and Eligibility to participate in the Medical Center’s retirement plans.