Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Pain Consultant Medical Director Opportunity - Wasilla, Alaska
Our PM&R/Pain Consultant
At the core of the evaluation and treatment of pain in patients at Southcentral Foundation is a PMR/Pain Consultant who understands the challenges faced by our unique patient population and their primary care provider team.
The PMR/Pain Consultant is an expert in the evaluation and treatment of pain and pain management, understanding their role as a consultative coach who, together with a highly trained interdisciplinary team, brings together the broad spectrum of medical services available at Southcentral Foundation to support the highest standards of addressing a patients pain complaints from acute to chronic to chronic and complex. As a medical director you would be responsible for providing direct clinical patient care, while also coordinating with other clinical staff to establish medical protocols and treatment regimens.
Resources for addressing pain at SCF include Board certified Physicians in Sleep Medicine, Neurology, and Psychiatry, Hospice/Palliative Care, and Anesthesia Pain. There are integrated clinical pharmacists, dieticians, and mental health specialists on every primary care team to support the primary care providers nurses, and therapists. Included in our Valley Wellness Center are acupuncturists, massage therapists, exercise specialists, chiropractic medicine, physical therapy and a state of the art, work-out facility.
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Unique retention bonus program
- No call
- Non RVU approach; performance based on increasing quality of care metrics
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- One hour per week of paid wellness leave
- On-site diagnostic capabilities
- Mobility to work in more than one clinic
- Benefits include appx. 5.2 – 6 weeks of leave, an additional week of paid CME (+ a stipend towards CME), plus 12 paid holidays
- Full insurance coverage – malpractice coverage, health, life, short and long term disability - and subsidized health insurance for family
- Employer match 401K retirement fund, and we will reimburse your AK state medical license fee.
- New, modern, innovative facilities, computers, and other state of the art equipment
- Prometheus Pathway MR-20 biofeedback device with Telesis software
- Intelect LEGENDXT Ultrasound/Electric Stimulator combo
- Telemedicine via VidYo
- Dragon dictation system for Cerner EHR
- Anatomical models and charts, various joints