At HCA, we believe graduate medical education is much more than medical training. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patient-centered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine. As the nation’s top-performing healthcare system, we believe in challenging our residents to exceed our patient’s expectations at every turn. Today, we have more than 203 residency and fellowship programs in 43 hospitals across 13 states. Over the next five years, we will invest in 100 more programs that will offer 5,000 residency positions, making HCA one of, if not, the leading provider of graduate medical education in the country.
The Texas Gulf Coast region is one of the key geographic strategies for the expansion of HCA’s GME programs. Though this is the 4th largest city in the US and the Texas Medical Center is located here, there are currently only two emergency medicine residency programs here! As such, HCA is seeking an Emergency Medicine Program Director to lead in the development and implementation of a new Emergency Medicine Residency Program for the Houston area. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
• Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• Be willing to combine administrative and teaching responsibilities (50/50)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have 3 years of participation as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program and graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations are highly encouraged to apply.