UPMC Cole is a modern and progressive, non-profit healthcare system located in Coudersport, Pennsylvania, with a service area covering 55,000 people in six counties in North Central Pennsylvania and Western New York. The UPMC Cole system includes a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital on a large, well-maintained campus, treating mostly outpatient needs. In addition to acute care services with a 6-bed ICU, 10 OB suites, 4 ORS, and an 8-bed ED which was recently expanded and completely renovated, UPMC Cole has 11 rural health centers, a 10-bed behavioral health, 44-bed skilled nursing and rehab facility, a DME company and home health/hospice programs.
Orthopedics, OB/GYN, General Surgery, GI and Cardiology providers are available on-site, as well as telemedicine capability to tertiary facilities. The nearest hospital is 50 miles away in either direction. Due to its remote location, the hospital has transfer arrangements with multiple facilities that are within a 30-40 minute helicopter flight.
Most physicians on staff are hospital employed; physician input is encouraged without burdening them with administrative duties. The Cole Memorial Medical Group is comprised of the primary care and specialty physician practices and the Billing, Information Technology and Decision Support departments are responsible for staffing and support of all of the clinics, including Ophthalmology. The 11 primary care practices are located in the communities that surround the hospital and the majority of the specialty practices are located on the main campus.
UPMC Cole is a high-quality, fiscally-sound facility, centered on patient-care. Cole is seeking a enthusiastic and hard-working physician who will thrive in a team-oriented environment as part of a small, well-trained medical staff. This is a close-knit, rural community that responds well to friendly, caring physicians. Physicians are highly esteemed members of the community and are treated very well by this employer, which boasts an impressive physical plant and welcoming staff. The organization is very fair in nature, offering strong compensation packages with production incentives. UPMC Cole is seeking candidates who will settle into their community for the long-term.
- M.D. or D.O.
- AMG or IMG
- US Citizen, Green Card Holder, H1B visa or J-1 visa candidates
- BC/BE in Ophthalmology
- 2018 Resident or Practicing Physician
- Any Experience Level
- Start Date: ASAP
- Physician employment with Cole Memorial, Initial agreement is 36-month term
- Compensation based on MGMA median
- Productivity Bonus
- Relocation Compensation
- Signing bonus negotiable
- Retention bonus negotiable (must extend contract commitment for at least two years past the initial 3 year term)
- 7 weeks are allotted for vacation, holidays, CME and personal time off
- Malpractice Insurance [occurrence coverage]. No TAIL needed.
- Health Insurance available for the Physician and dependents
- Access to Dental and Vision Insurance at the employee’s expense
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 457B and 403B Retirement plans are immediately available (employer match)
- Professional association/ society dues/ reimbursement for CME up to $6,000/year
- Assistance with visa, if needed
- 8:00AM-4:30PM (surgery starts by 7AM; finish between 3:30PM-4PM depending on case load)
- Surgery 2 days/week and office 3 days/week, but room to work around that with the schedule
- No Saturday hours, but an option, if interested.