Join experienced and highly respected MFM physician in busy outpatient facility. Clinical responsibility is consultative with a broad range of MFM services. Enjoy working with an excellent, experienced staff and state-of-the-art medical equipment. Work closely with local OB-GYN's, neonatologists and other specialties to provide outreach consult/support throughout western KY.
- Outpatient clinic hours: M-F, 7 AM to 5 PM
- In-patient consults
- No deliveries
- New hospital (2013) licensed for 477 beds, OB hospitalist group with 24/7 coverage, and innovative state-of-the-art equipment in a community with population draw of 400,000
- Hospital-employed with integrated EMR (Epic) in clinics and hospital
- Level III NICU, 20 private room beds with NicView camera system
- Excellent specialty backup support
- On-site health/wellness facilities for employees located in the hospital, plus complimentary family membership to hospital-owned comprehensive community HealthPark facility.
- Family Medicine Residency program starting in 2019 - teaching opportunities will be available
- Seeking BC/BE candidates--experienced physicians and those still in training welcome to apply
- Competitive base salary, sign-on bonus/relocation assistance, productivity bonus, and marketing
- 6 weeks of vacation (includes 1 week for CME)
- Funded liability/malpractice/tail coverage, retirement plans, full health/medical benefits, $6,000 CME annually, and more
ABOUT OWENSBORO HEALTH
Owensboro Health is a community-focused, nonprofit healthcare system that provides innovative medical advancements and compassionate care to help improve the community. Owensboro Health includes Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, which is a top-rated hospital located 123 miles north of Nashville, TN and 109 miles southwest of Louisville, KY. Owensboro Health also includes diagnostic centers and regional clinics; primary care, education and wound healing centers; a cancer center; home care services; and HealthPark.
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital represents a new era of health care and wellness for the region. The brand-new, $500 million dollar hospital and medical office building project features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds, and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room. In addition, highly advanced medical technology is easily accessible. Among the advancements, Owensboro Health has invested in:
- 16 operating room suites
- 2 da Vinci® surgical systems to aid in minimally invasive procedures
- Expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Epic - electronic medical records system
- RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) system for technology tracking and inventory
Each year, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital averages 1,800 births; 64,000 emergency room visits; 18,000 admissions and 500,000 outpatient visits each year. System wide, the organization has nearly 3,400 employees and 219 medical staff.
LIFE IN OWENSBORO
Owensboro is the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and wide variety of housing options.
Identified as one of America's best places to live and work, Owensboro has much to offer, including:
- Kentucky’s #1 Sportstown (Sports Illustrated): Kentucky Mavericks Basketball, Owensboro Oilers, year-round municipal ice area, host to numerous softball/baseball national tournaments, 4-field football complexes, 10-field soccer complexes, 5,000 seat indoor arena, numerous indoor gymnasiums, brand new tennis complex, Kentucky Motor Speedway
- Enjoy the outdoors: state parks, bike trails, 15 mile Greenbelt walking/running/biking trail encircling the city, 5 golf courses, fishing, disc golf
- Ranked #1 in the WORLD - Smothers Park Riverfront playground, spraypark, riverwalk, concessions, fountains, and live outdoor entertainment/music space
- Riverpark Center: 1,500-seat performing arts and civic center that hosts 150 performances and 800 civic events each year
- Culture: Owensboro Symphony Orchestra, Owensboro Dance Theatre, Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, Owensboro Museum of Science and Industry, International Bluegrass Music Museum, Western Kentucky Botanical Garden, Back Alley Musicals, Theatre Workshop.
- Festivals: International Bar-B-Q Festival, Friday After 5 - a weekly, summer-long series of free outdoor music concerts, Owensboro Dragon Boat Festival, ROMP Fest- Bluegrass roots and branches music festival, East Bridge Art & Music Festival, Owensboro Air Show, Big O Music Fest.
- Higher Education: Brescia University, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Owensboro Community and Technical College, Western Kentucky University-Owensboro, University of Louisville Nursing School
- K-12: 2 public school systems that are nationally ranked in academics, liberal arts, and athletics. Private Catholic school system, Montessori Academy (preK - 8th)
- $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in:
- Two new award-winning hotels, with a third under construction
- New convention center
- #1 ranked playground in the WORLD
- Numerous new restaurants, and unique shopping
- Opening 2017 - $15M construction for the new International Bluegrass Museum and Music venue
- Phase 2 underway.....more to come!
Talk with an Owensboro Health recruiter to see how our practice and region fit you and your lifestyle.
Contact Kathryn Coble for more information on this opportunity