Avera Medical Group Neurology is seeking a BE/BC neurology medicine physician to join as a Neuro Hospitalist. Experience and/or training in stroke and vascular neurology required.
Provide neuro consultation and medical management of patients within our 8 bed acute Neuro unit, 12 bed general Neuro unit
Collaborate with other practitioners who provide care on that unit
Be part of a comprehensive stroke team consisting of neurointerventional, neurointensivist, skilled nursing and certified hospitalists.
Opportunity to teach residents and medical students
Annual salary guarantee plus an excellent benefit package
AVERA MCKENNAN HOSPITAL AND UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTER
- Avera McKennan is a member of Avera Health, a regional family of more than 330 healthcare facilities in the five-state region. With over 18,000 employees, Avera Health has over two million clinic and inpatient visits each year at facilities known for medical excellence, technological innovation, and a commitment to meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of all patients.
- Avera McKennan is a 545-bed, non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health System and surrounding five-state area. Our Careflight helicopter, ground and fixed wing aircraft transport patients from a service area with a population of 800,000 to our Level II Trauma Center. With over 600 physicians on staff in all specialties and 4,000 employees, the hospital offers a full range of services including the region's only kidney and pancreatic transplant program, and bone marrow transplant program. Avera McKennan is a designated Magnet Hospital and a Healthgrades Distinguished Clinical Hospital.
AVERA MEDICAL GROUP
- Integrated physicians’ network of Avera Health; 330 locations in 100 communities in the 5-state region of South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska
- More than 850 professionals providing focused patient care
- Total EMR for longitudinal care
- Avera eCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services through eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, ePrescribing, eLTC and eStroke
- Learn more about Avera, review our Annual Report Annual Report
- Sioux Falls, SD has been recognized as one of the most business-friendly communities in the nation, as well as a great place to raise a family.
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is South Dakota’s largest city and the county seat of Minnehaha County. It serves as a healthcare, governmental, law enforcement and financial hub for the area. With a population of 250,000, the city has been judged by Money Magazine as the “best place to live in America” for its quality of life, including its low crime rate, high-quality education, clean air and water, lack of traffic congestion, and friendly residents.
- The city is a great place to raise a family. The public school system offers an array of educational opportunities, with 22 elementary schools, including Spanish Immersion Global Studies, five middle schools, and four senior high schools. There are also 13 private schools affiliated with various religious and private organizations. The post-secondary opportunities include five colleges, nearby state universities (including the University of South Dakota Medical School), and a number of business and vocational schools.
- Recreational activities abound in Sioux Falls, thanks to the city’s system of 80 parks, many of which are based on the Big Sioux River Greenway that provides 25 miles of paved bike trails that circle the city. Amenities in the parks include picnic areas, playgrounds, flower gardens, a Japanese Garden, fishing areas, sports fields, tennis courts, and swimming pools. Soccer and hockey are especially popular and are played on 29 soccer fields, nine skating rinks, and two hockey rinks. Also a regional sporting hub, Sioux Falls is host to a professional CBA basketball team, a Northern League baseball team, an Indoor Football League team, a US Hockey League team, and the Sioux Falls Polo Club.
- The arts are prominent in Sioux Falls as well. An exciting addition to the arts scene is the $32 million Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science, a community cultural and educational center providing entertainment options to residents and visitors alike. The Pavilion features a performing arts center, a domed Omni theater, a hands-on science museum, and an expanded display area for the Civic Fine Arts Center. The Sioux Falls Symphony Orchestra and the Community Concert Association perform in the Pavilion several times a year; other performing arts groups include the Friends of Traditional Music and the Sioux Falls Community Playhouse.
- Shopping in Sioux Falls ranges from the convenience of the Empire Mall with 180 stores to the warmth of quaint shopping centers. There are over 230 restaurants, ranging from fast food to exquisite fine dining rooms with elegant service.