Great River Health System
West Burlington, IA 52655
Find EXCELLENT quality of life with 7 weeks OFF and a FANTASTIC practice experience in a great Midwestern Community on the majestic Mississippi River with
GREAT RIVER HEALTH SYSTEM!
We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our growing Palliative Care Team. We are searching for someone that has the vision and motivation to help take our program to the next level here at the award winning Great River Health System.
Collaborate with a multidisciplinary palliative care team to enhance the quality of life for people with serious illness and their families through clarification of goals of care, education and community partnership.
Identify and implement strategies to develop and promote palliative care in the outpatient setting to engage patients earlier with serious illness and enhance continuity of care.
Provide pain and symptom control though pharmacological and other interventions.
Assist with advanced care planning and IPOST completion.
Support patients to maximize the quality of life.
- A 380 bed independant, regional, financially stable health system
- Over 140 providers on staff and 2300+ employees – largest employer in the area and rated as a "Top Workplace" in Iowa by the Des Moines Register!
- Production based compensation model enables you to be on equal footing with your partners from day one
- Board certified emergency medicine physicians available 24/7 to staff the ER
- 24/7 IM-Hospitalists to support you in the hospital and ICU
- 7 Weeks Vacation / full benefits / malpractice insurance / $10k for relocation and potential loan forgiveness as well as sign on bonus
- Free use of our fully appointed gym down the hall from the clinic with locker rooms, fitness classes and a rock climbing tower!
- A vibrant, safe and charming riverfront community with excellent public and private educational and recreational options for families.
- An easy drive to Chicago and St. Louis and 1hr drive to University of Iowa in Iowa City. Daily flights to both St. Louis and Chicago and Amtrak to Chicago.
- Plenty of outdoor fun with 11 municipal parks, a water park and waterfront recreation as well as two of the top ten golf courses in the State of Iowa!
- World renowned whitetail deer hunting
- Iowa is rated the "Best State for Health Care Providers" by wallethub.com
- Option to live in a prestigious gated community with tennis court, golf course, pool, and work-out center
- If you are looking to have access to the city, but live in the country, there is plenty of acreage to build your dream home
- 22% lower cost of living and 65% lower home costs in Iowa!
This is a very suburban feeling town with a Mall, Target, Starbucks, Panera, Lowes, Dicks Sporting Goods, Kohls and much, much more.